Five minute bruschetta
All the trappings of your classic bruschetta, made simpler... Plus a secret ingredient that helps this five minute recipe shine!
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 8 leaves fresh basil, finely chopped
- 4 leaves fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or substitute 4 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 1/2 tbsp grated Parmesan Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Black pepper to taste
Place the diced tomatoes in a large bowl; add the salt and stir. If you have the time, you can let this mixture sit for a few minutes to bring the juices out of the tomatoes; otherwise, continue straight to the next step.
Add the chopped sage and basil, the olive oil, the dried basil, black pepper to taste, and red pepper flakes to taste. Stir until combined, then add the balsamic vinegar and the cheeses. Stir once more, taste for balance and adjust as needed, then your bruschetta is ready to serve!